Monday, April 25, 2011

a little bit of a bigger task


Happy Easter!  It’s a beautiful day here.. probably about 65 degrees and definitely sunny.   

 
The magnolia tree has blossomed over this week, you could practically see it grow.. now the birch trees are looking like they have a light green aura as their leaves are starting to emerge.  These past few weeks have been intense. The painting with the yippies (the loving term that we have for the people attending the YIP program) was amazing.  It’s as if they capitalized on the previous years and therefore trusted the process.
 


 It’s now a day later.  There was a conversation needed that couldn’t wait.  We hosted a conference here all last week and the last couple of people are leaving today, so there has been a lot of request for conversation and questions.  Typically I have struggled with conferences, whether feeling left out or not interested but this Initiative Forum was different.  The first difference probably is that I’ve learnt that there is something in my star chart that makes me feel left out of groups, and since I’ve learnt that I don’t take that feeling so seriously anymore and it frees me up to join in the groups that I wish I were a part of.  Most of the time that works perfectly! Another thing that distinguished this conference was the design, which included not only inspirational lecturers but also ‘open space’.  Open space is a method where the participants bring the content and there are some guiding principles that leave you invited to join in where you are moved, and encouraged to leave if you are not moved.  So many conversations, connections and inspirations that I want you to know, but seriously I don’t even have the words for some of the moments.  Check out the web site (http://initiativeforum.yip.se/).  I think the lectures are coming so you can actually hear them!  And one of the biggest gifts was the performance by Matre (http://www.mcmatre.com/main.html)  he speaks wisdom bigger than words, gets the whole room moving, grooving, jumping and I left feeling inspired, brave and more capable than when I entered.

Alright … baby steps for now.. I have more to tell you .. for now I just gotta get into a rhythm of letting the blog flow.. and off to a fine organic dinner I go!  Lots o love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment