Monday, April 4, 2011

little bit about where i am...


So here i am in lovely Ytter Jarna Sweden.  There are still patches of snow lingering  both on the fields and in the ponds, yet every day it stays light a little longer and the buds on the trees  are starting to swell in the excitement of approaching spring.  Yesterday a blanket of clouds hung low and hugged in, rain and wind echoing the chills of winter.  And today started off the same way, but finally the sun seems to have won the epic tug and war between winter and spring.  At moments shining bright enough for me to leave my coat as i adventured out.  

What brought me to Sweden is a most amazing progam called the Youth Initiative Program (http://www.yip.se.   I live in a house with twenty something young people.  I have a room with its own bathroom in the top corner of the house where i can hide away when i don't want to be in the thick of it and there are two common kitchens for food and company.  I am teaching yoga in a big room in the white house (yup, sounds like a big deal place!) every weekday at 7 am (yes, a big deal :)).   This week  i am teaching a painting class in an old red building called the Magasinet .. it's across a big field (or along a path through a maze of ponds).   the Magasinet is divided up into 6 different rooms, although we are only using the top floor this year i feel a little like an art gerbil as i run  circles up and down  in response to my name.  ( a delighted and happy art gerbil, mind you). 




I was so distracted by the delightful and gorgeous golden light that I forgot to take a picture till just after the sun set .. this is about 8pm..  in the distance you can see the Magasinet ..and the corner you see is the building that i am staying in. 
For now, that's all.. lots o love to you !


2 comments:

  1. love you... and your reasons to write.. to be..

    ReplyDelete
  2. More! Keep this up. I love reading about your journey :o)

    ReplyDelete