Thursday, September 22, 2011

where my body rested while my heart and soul flew in dream filled nights

On my last day in Sacramento my friend called me and wondered what i was doing with my bed!  so i gave it away and maybe in part that is what planted the seeds for good bed karma on my travels :)
i was/am blessed to find such hospitality and kindness on my travels..


my journey started on the first day of spring.  i left sacramento and flew to asheville to hang with my sister and sooooooon to be brother-in-law ...
 Televana <3 i stayed here for three months in house with about 24+ young adults, it was awesome


in Monopoli Italy.. at my friend's mothers house.. i loved southern italy, it was magical and beautiful


in Basel Switzerland at my dear friends.  i stayed for 3 weeks and am so grateful to the gods for nanna's health and to the osmer family for love and rhythm ..

my next bed was in Mainz Germany.. i took my first yoga class in german and overall just enjoyed being surrounded by the language again.  

not only did martin give up his bed for me in Mainz, but let me stay in his apartment in Stuttgart. 

sleeping on what during the week functioned as the psycho-analysts couch..  hmmm :)

during the week..

in southern England at my aunt and uncles house

old house with crazy dolls in the room.. and lots of hospitality 

my god daughter was surprised to wake up with me in her bed 

communal living... you sleep where there is space

back in sweden.. and i am realizing how many homes i have..i am welcomed to new friends and  immediately am bed bound as i fast, hoping to fend off getting sicker.. and it worked

one of the most epic places i stayed.. its a third floor room under the  eaves, so totally reminds me of my california home,  though bigger and emptier.. and yes i was sleeping on a table.. other than the ghosts it  was one of the most comfortable places i slept!

back in yip world and this time with two bunk beds!  though i did end up putting a mattress on the ground...


mmmm... 
after a great party at first i thought it was me but again when i woke the floor was slanted in all ways possible.

upside down and back in Asheville North Carolina with insomnia and jet lag, but with a happy heart and inspired mind

thank you to all my kind friends and family that let me rest and dream in your homes. 

1 comment: